What is dyslexia?
Dyslexia is difficulty in the use and processing of linguistic/ symbolic codes, which includes spoken language, written language, and language comprehension.
- Often highly creative and intelligent
- Often the children of dyslexics
- Able to learn to read through a structured, multisensory approach that focuses on phonology
Dyslexia is not:
- A sign of poor intelligence
- A vision problem
- Curable with pills, diets, or medical treatment
Judy Packhem is a member and Certified Dyslexia Therapist (CDT) of the International Dyslexia Association.
How I can help:
- Providing diagnostic reading assessments to inform you of your child’s strengths and needs in reading and writing.
- 1-to-1 private tutoring in reading and/or writing (in person and online)
- Consultation for home schooling parents or other organizations
- Presentations on a variety of topics related to reading, writing, or dyslexia.